A few weekends ago I made this strawberry cheesecake poke cake for family, and it was so delicious I thought I’d share it here with you!
I’m not typically one to bake, and not because I don’t like to. The reason is because I’m the type of person that can eat 8 cookies in one sitting and feel totally normal. AKA, if I bake I eat. So I try not to bake too much, so my treat consumption isn’t out of control. However, there are those times when you just want a dang delicious cake with real butter, cream cheese, and condensed milk, am I right? This strawberry cheesecake poke cake has all of those three things and is seriously a crowd pleaser.
Oh and if you’re wondering how many pieces I had, only three.
I hope you enjoy!
STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE POKE CAKE
RECIPE BY:Beyond Frosting
- 1 box White or vanilla cake mix
- Ingredients on the box (water, oil, eggs, etc)
- 1 can Sweetened condensed milk (14 oz)
- For the strawberry sauce
- 1 lb Strawberries (16 oz), rinsed
- ¼ C Water
- ¼ C Sugar
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tbsp All-purpose flour
- For the whipped cream
- 1 pkg Cream cheese (8 oz)
- 1 pint Heavy whipped cream (16 oz)
- 2 C Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine cake mix according to the ingredients on the box. Beat on medium speed until well combined.
- Bake cake in 9×13” for 20-22 minutes. Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the middle of the cake. If the toothpick comes out clean, you cake is done. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- While the cake is still warm, take the end of a wooden spoon or another round object and poke holes all over the top of your cake. Pour the can of sweetened condensed milk all over top of the cake.
- To prepare the strawberry sauce, rinse the strawberries and cut of the stems. Chop into quarters.
- In a medium-sized sauce pan, combine strawberries, water, sugar, lemon juice and flour; stir well. Cook over medium-high heat until mixture starts to boil and strawberries are softened. Gently smash strawberries to create a sauce. Allow to cool for 15 minutes. Pour strawberries sauce over top of the cake and refrigerate until cake and toppings are cooled.
- Remove the cream cheese from the refrigerator 15-20 minutes before preparing the whipped topping.
- Beat cream cheese on medium-high speed for 2-3 minutes until cream cheese is smooth and free of lumps. Scrape down the sides of the bowl occasionally.
- Add 3 tablespoons of heavy whipping cream. Beat into cream cheese until cream cheese resembles a liquid mixture.
- Add remaining heavy whipping cream and beat on medium-high speed. Slowly add remaining powdered sugar and beat until still peaks form. Spread over cooled cake. This cake must be refrigerated.